Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Historic Homes Tour - Ogden, Utah

Ogden is not a city you think of when you think of amazing architecture. Although, Ogden was one of the great boom towns created by the the railroad, with many wealthy citizens, the city had gone into decline in the recent past. And, news reports of crime seem to override any opinion to the contrary.
The current Mayor has been working hard to change the negative opinions of Ogden and trying to attract more community minded residents, who want to bring Ogden back to the wonderful city it once was.
Ogden has always had a special place in my heart since it is the town where my Great grandparents, grandparents, and parents grew up. I have fond childhood memories of Ogden, and have been sadden by the obvious decline of the city.
I have always enjoyed the beautiful homes that Ogden has to offer. I really feel Ogden's architecture is a lesser known gem worth spotlight. And, because of Ogden's reputation the homes can be purchased for so much less than other towns in Utah...same quality homes, thousands of dollars less.
Many people have taken advantages of these lower prices and incentives offered by the city, and bought homes that they have been tirelessly renovating. Because, of these efforts, Ogden is beginning to change. And, I believe that in the future years Ogden will be one of the best places to live in the state of Utah.
On a recent trip to the city for a photo shoot, I decided to take some photos of some of my favorite homes. I hadn't intended to share them with anyone...just for me..for inspiration, and so, therefore used my simple point and shoot camera. So, please excuse the lesser quality of photos. But, I believe you can still see the beauty and diversity of the architecture in Ogden. Victorian, Craftsman, Prairie style homes...you name it, Ogden has it! And, keep in mind...these photos were taken on just a few select streets in Ogden. There are so many more and I plan to showcase others in the future, so keep checking back!
I hope you find some inspiration here!


Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

Historic Homes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...